Note: Entire rent and all fees (see below for details) are due 30 days prior to check-in (45 days for Christmas and New Years Eve weeks). If full rental payment and fees are not received within these time periods the reservation is subject to cancellation and the Rental Deposit may be forfeited if we cannot secure another rental for that time period.
If you must cancel your reservation - Notify us immediately!
1. Owners reserve the right to cancel the contract and reservation with full refund up to 30 days prior to the check-in date.
2. Renters may cancel prior to 30 days with a refund of any amount paid excluding 5% management cost.
3. If the full amount of the rent, tax, fees and security deposit is not received within 30 days of the check-in date, owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation and 50% of the rental deposit will be forfeited. *
4. If you need to cancel between 15 and 30 days prior to the check-in date, we will have already lost other potential rentals, the equivalent of 1 weekend night for your rate period will be forfeited. *
5. If you need to cancel less than 15 days prior to the start of your reservation, we will have already lost other potential rentals, the equivalent of 2 weekend nights for your rate period will be forfeited. *
* Unless we can secure another rental agreement for the same time period. However, a minimum of 5% will be withheld to cover management costs, even if we can secure another rental.
- If you have any questions, please go to the Contact page.Security Deposit Policy
We take great pride in our home and have furnished it with high quality materials to ensure you have the best possible rental experience. We ask that you treat our home with the same care you would treat your own and that you let us know if anything does not meet your expectations.
· We collect a $500 Security Deposit which is separate from the rental amount. The Security Deposit must be paid at the same time as the full rental payment. The Security Deposit is not the same as the Rental Deposit.
· We may keep all or part of the Security Deposit if after your stay we determine you or your guests damaged any portion of our home including walls, doors, carpets, windows and treatments, furnishings, or appliances beyond what a reasonable person would consider normal wear and tear.
· We may keep all or part of the Security Deposit if we determine that household items (towels, sheets, wall hangings, cooking equipment, televisions, etc.) are either broken or missing following your stay.
· If no deductions are necessary, we will return your entire Security Deposit within 30 days of your check-out date. If deductions are necessary we will contact you to discuss and we will return any remaining amount within 30 days of your check-out date.
· We return the Security Deposit by Check. If you have paid by Credit Card and would prefer a credit back to the card, please request that service.Cleaning Fee Deposit
We charge a cleaning fee deposit with each rental. The current cleaning fee deposit is $300 per stay. This is a deposit toward the actual cleaning fee billed by our maid service. Typical fees have been ranging from $210 - $250 and the balance is returned with your security deposit. However when our home has been left in dirty unkempt state, the cleaning fee has been higher than $300. Any amount for maid service in excess of $300 will be held out of your security deposit!
· Please follow the check out procedures. By leaving our home tidy, other than needing linen service and standard cleaning services, you can be assured of saving money on the cleaning fee. The Cleaning Fee Deposit is due and payable 30 days before the start of your stay.
· Please do not confuse the Cleaning Fee with the Security Deposit. The Cleaning Fee for our maid service is required and the actual fee is not refundable – we use a maid service to thoroughly clean and prepare Boca Del Kujo for our next guest. If additional cleaning is required other than what is provided by our cleaning service, (i.e. removing stains from carpet or furniture.) the additional fees may be deducted from your Security Deposit.
· The Cleaning Fee covers sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming of floors; cleaning and sanitizing the bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets; and cleaning of bed linens and towels.
· The Cleaning Fee does NOT cover taking out your trash, cleaning or putting away dishes, pots and pans, or general cleanup of the stove top and microwave. The kitchen must be left in a clean and tidy state. The dishwasher must be run and emptied before you leave the house. If the kitchen is not left clean and tidy, additional cleaning fees will be charged and deducted from the Security Deposit.Lodging Tax
We are required to collect a 10% Placer County Occupancy tax on the rental portion of your bill and cleaning fee. This tax is due and payable 30 days before the start of your stay.Sleeping Arrangements
Our home can sleep up to 12 in normal beds. Please DO NOT invite more than the maximum total of 14 people! We do not allow parties or receptions in our home. THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE! Larger numbers of people put additional stress on our house and utilities. We have provided enough sleeping arrangements to allow a large, or extended family to sleep comfortably.
· Upstairs Bedroom #1 - 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin Bed Pull-Out (Shares Upstairs Entry Hall Bath with 3x5 walk-in shower.)
· Bedroom #2 – 1 Queen Bed (Shares Hall Bath with bathtub-shower)
· Bedroom #3 – 1 Double Bed (Shares Hall Bath with bathtub-shower)
· Bunk Room Bedroom #4 – 1 Queen Bed and 2 Twin Beds (Bunk) (Shares Hall Bath with bathtub-shower)
· Master Bedroom - 1 King Bed (In-Suite Bath with 3x6 walk-in shower and double sinks.)